Can’t go wrong with a bundt.
Nothing Bundt Cakes serves up THEE best bundt cakes on the planet. This Thanksgiving I prepared my own and the fam fell over, yearning for more. The Coconut Bundt Cake with powder sugar icing is off the charts. Make it, try it, serve it. You won’t be sorry!
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/4 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups (packed) sweetened flaked coconut (about 7 ounces)
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- Additional sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter 12-cup Bundt pan; dust pan with flour. Stir 3 cups cake flour and salt in medium bowl to blend. Beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups sugar, beating until well blended. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then both extracts. Beat in flour mixture in 4 additions alternately with 1 cup coconut milk in 3 additions. Fold in 2 cups flaked coconut. Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top.
Bake cake until top is golden brown and tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool cake in pan 5 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack; cool completely.
Whisk powdered sugar and remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk in medium bowl to blend. Spoon glaze over cake. Top with additional coconut, if desired.