The BEST Peach Cobbler EVER!!
I love peach cobbler… a lot!! My mom would be upset at me for sharing this! But, it’s too good to keep it to myself! Everyone should know what an absolute delight this desert is. Your guests and family will be begging you for seconds.
This recipe serves about 4.
– 8 fresh peaches – peeled, pitted and thinly sliced.
– 1/4 cup white sugar (I find organic works best)
– 1/4 cup brown sugar (same sentiment as above)
– 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
– 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
– 1 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
– 2 tsp cornstarch
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/4 cup white sugar (yes.. another one)
– 1/4 cup brown sugar (I know.. crazy right)
– 6 tbsp unsalted butter (chilled and cut)
– 1/4 cup boiling water
On the side:
– mix together 3 tbsp of white sugar and a tsp. of cinnamon
– set aside till the end.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large bowl – combine peaches, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 brown sugar, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, lemon juice, nutmeg and cornstarch. Toss the peaches in and coat evenly. Put peach mixture into a baking dish of your choice and bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- While the mixture is baking – combine flour, the other 1/4 white and brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Slowly add in the butter until this mixture starts to look like a coarse pastry. Now stir in the water – This should now start to look more like a pastry in a professional kitchen.
- Take the peaches out of the oven and start adding your professional pastry on top. Cover the entire cobbler with the sugar and cinnamon mixture you set aside.
- Bake until the topping is golden (approx. 30 minutes)
And… Presto! You have now just created a real southern style peach cobbler. Congratulations!! I knew you could do it.
Add some vanilla ice cream to really treat yourself.
Please share any variations you may love!