Spooky Things in the Bay Area.
Here are some great things to do and see to get you into the Halloween spirit! Embrace your inner ghoul and witch and let’s go.
For the Family:
– Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Patch is always a well know adventure for the family. I have to mention it since I do think it’s the best pumpkin patch in the Bay Area. Warning!! It’s crowded! I’ll include several other patches that are off the beaten path that you can visit if you want to be away from the hub bub.
– The Clancy Pumpkin Patch is located in S.F. and could offer a local flavor. This would be ideal if you wanted to stay in town and enjoy. They even offer hay rides!!
– Joan’s Farm and Pumpkin Patch in Livermore is another great alternative. They offer many things for everyone in the family: Hay rides, animals (petting zoo), corn maze, and good photo ops.
– The USS Hornet offers several options for kids and adults. For adults: USS Hornet offers haunted tours of the ship and even with a parapsychologist. For the kids: They have a Monster Bash on the 25th. Dance the night away to creepy tunes, enter to win their costume contest and much more. Follow the link for more details.
– The Lawrence Hall of Science offers some Halloween fun that is educational as well. October 25th and 26th they are offering a chance to touch and learn about the slithery and slimy creatures of the Animal Discovery Room. You can also try your hand at catapulting pumpkins.
– Wizards and Witches Weekend in El Cerrito is perfect for all Harry Potter lovers. Pull your wands and broomsticks out and try your hand at potions and spells. Oct 20-21st!
Find even more ideas around the Bay Area and beyond: Here!
For the Adults:
– California’s Great America offers a very scary Halloween Haunt that will scare the pants off you.
– Rocky Horror Picture Show is always fun! I always think that it’s better around Halloween.
Or perhaps you’d like to take your own haunted tour of SF. You can see the 8 most haunted places here. Or maybe you’re too afraid to do it on your own. Tours are offered and you can join in, you little scaredy cat.