Black Friday Shopping Guide
You do not want to miss on all the great Black Friday buys. Here’s a list of some of the best SF Black Friday places to go, see and buy.
Black Friday Deals & Events | Union Square
Friday, November 28, 2014
At the center of it all is the 2014 Macy’s Great Tree Lighting Ceremony at around 6:40 pm, which takes over Union Square Park and the surrounding area with musical performances and of course, their impressive 80 foot tree.
2014 Black Friday Specials
Boutiques & Shops
Alessi (Nov. 24 – Dec. 1) Get 20% off the entire Alessi catalog.
Allsaints (9 am -9 pm) Get 20% off the entire store for the whole Black Friday Weekend.
Banana Republic (7 am – 10 pm) Get 50% off one item and 40% off your entire purchase!
Britex (10 am – 6 pm) Enjoy 30% off store-wide.
Cole Haan (normal hours) Get 30-50% off select styles all week long.
Cuyana (normal hours) Celebrate slowing down with Cuyana this Black Friday. Visit their showroom to donate items you no longer love or need. To thank you for your thoughtful decision, they’ll give you a $ 10 credit towards gifts from Cuyana.
Jin Wang Bridal (normal hours) Jin Wang is having a White Friday Holiday sample Sale. Find your dream designer wedding gown at 30-60% off the original prices! Appointments are recommended (call 415-397-9111). Like Jin Wang on Facebook and receive an additional 10% off.*
Macy’s (open 6pm Thanksgiving – Nov. 28) Macy’s will give away a million dollars in prizes in stores nationwide during doorbuster hours. Beginning Thanksgiving Day, customers can shop the greatest deals of the weekend, plus get a chance to win big, scoring digital gift codes that can be used instantly for Black Friday purchases. The world’s most loveable undersea character SpongeBob SquarePants will also be on hand.
Madewell (normal hours) Get 25% off all week long.
Paris Jewelry Co. (normal hours) Get 40% off on the entire collection of jewelry.
Porsche Design (normal hours, through Dec. 31) Enjoy a luxurious Porsche Design key ring with your purchase of $750 or more.
Saks Fifth Ave. (normal hours) From 8 am to noon, get up to 60% off storewide. Also, receive a $25 Saks gift card with any $100 or more Beauty purchase all day long.
Scotch & Soda (normal hours) Get 30% off select clothing and accessoires!
Sketchers (10 am on 11/27 – 10 pm 11/28) Buy one pair of shoes or other accessories and get one 50% off!
Ted Baker (9 am – 8 pm) Get 30% off the entire boutique.
Torso Vintage (normal hours) Get 10% off on Black Friday and on the day after Christmas.
Trendy Mondays (normal hours, Makeovers 1-4 pm) Enjoy FREE make-overs and get a minimum of 15% off on their European clothing. Top hair and fashion stylists from Atelier Emmanuel will be on hand for makeovers. Plus, get before and after pictures and enter their Instagram contest. #TMlovesBF.
Uniqlo (normal hours) Enjoy Black Friday deals all weekend on some of their most popular items, including:
$7 for 7 socks (i.e. $1 socks in a million colors!)
Cashmere sweaters at $49.90
Heattech knit gloves for $5
Fleece jackets for $14.90
Food & Drink
Capital One 360 Café Enjoy free lunch from the Chairman Food Truck from 11:30-2:30. Plus, get free coffee from 9:30-10:30 am and 3-4 pm to boost your shopping energy. On Sat. Nov. 29, get free Peet’s Coffee all day (1 per Customer, while supplies last).
DavidsTea Get any Perfect Tea Mug free when you spend $35 at DAVIDsTEA.
Oak Room Restaurant (Nov. 28 – Jan. 1, 5 – 10pm) After shopping, toast the 110th anniversary of The Westin St. Francis with a three-course meal at a great price at The Oak Room Restaurant with items such as Sonoma greens salad or Dungeness crab chowder, and a choice of 3 entrees – herb and rock salt-crusted prime rib, broiled green tea lacquered salmon or roasted coriander rubbed chicken breast. Cap off the meal with the St. Francis cheese cake ($45 per person). Includes a glass of house wine or a non-alcoholic beverage. Not valid on holidays or with other offers.
Salons & Spas
Atelier Emmanuel (normal hours) Get a free travel-size René Furterer Dry Shampoo or Furterer Modeling Paste with any haircut. Plus, get 20% off facials and 15% off waxing services with Alisa.
SF Magic Parlor Receive 30% off your San Francisco Magic Parlor Tickets (just $28 for $40 regular price) for any available December performance!
Parking & Getting Around
Sutter Stockton Garage (10 am – 6 pm Nov. 28-30) The SFMTA encourages taking public transportation, including Muni, taxis, walking or riding a bike to get downtown. The Holiday Carpool Program provides 1 hour free parking for cars with 3 passengers and 2 hours for cars with 4 or more passengers.
St. Mary’s Garage (Enter 8 am – 8 pm & exit by midnight) If you’re willing to park just a little ways away from Union Square, you can get a special $15 all-day flat rate at this Kearny St. garage.
ParkNow Looking to get some shopping done this holiday season? Reserve your parking spot with ParkNow at any Union Square location and get 50% off with promo code UNIONSQUARE50! Happy shopping, parkers
(Taken from SF Fun Cheap)
If you would like to shop Black Friday on the local level – check out these options.
· Adam Neeley: All weekend, receive a date night dinner for two at Gitane ($100 value) with a $1000 purchase at the store (2030 Union).
· Aggregate Supply: Receive free gift-wrapping on all purchase in the store (806 Valencia) on both Black Friday and Small Business Saturday.
· Amour Vert: Both the Hayes Valley store (437 Hayes) and the holiday pop-up (2136 Fillmore) are offering 25% off Friday through Sunday.
· Avant-Barre: This SoMa barre studio (592 3rd Street) is offering monthly unlimited memberships for $150 and 10-class packs for $175 for Black Friday with the code ABholiday14.
· Barcelino: On Friday from 10am to 7pm, take 20% off all Italian silk ties at the men’s store (498 Post) and 20% off all Italian cashmere ruffled shawls at the women’s store (476 Post). Both stores will offer complimentary gift wrapping.
· Britex: Everything in store (146 Geary) including designer silks, imported woolens, upholstery fabrics, notions and remnants will be 30% off on Friday from 10am to 6pm.
· Cuyana: On Friday, from 9 am to 7 pm, bring used clothing to the shop (291 Geary) to benefit St. Anthony’s of San Francisco, and get a $10 Cuyana credit.
· Elizabeth Charles: Save 50% on the entire store, although exclusions do apply.
· Erica Tanov: On Black Friday only, take 20% off storewide at the Berkeley (1827 Fourth) and Marin (2415 Larkspur Landing) boutiques and online.
· Ethos: This new boutique (333 Sutter) is offering deals throughout Black Friday, but they aren’t disclosing what those deals will be.
· Favor: Take 20% off Favor’s house-made resin line, gemstones and vintage jewelry. (500 Sutter)
· Freda Salvador: Take 30% off purchases at the shop (1782 Union) and online (code: CYBERLOVE30).
· Goorin Bros.: Enjoy 25% off select styles in shops and online. (Various locations)
· Harputs: Stop by 80 Geary from 8 am to 8 pm on Friday for 50% off Harputs Own women’s and men’s collections and 25% off Lulu de la Harput dog apparel.
· Indochino: Visit the showroom (61 Post) for Indochino up to 70% off everything in on Black Friday.
· Jin Wang: Kick off Black Friday with Jin Wang’s bridal sample sale. Gowns will be 30-60% off the retail price at the salon (300 Grant) Take additional 20% off sample gowns if purchased Black Friday weekend. Restrictions apply and appointments are recommended.
· Mira Mira: This Mission boutique (3292 22nd) is offering 25% off everything in the store and online (discount code: MMBLACKFRIDAY) on Friday, plus an additional 10% off in-store purchases. Hours on Friday are 10 am to 7 pm. Spend $100 or more and receive a new Mira Mira tote bags. On Saturday, Mira Mira is teaming up with Pretty Parlor for an in-store brow event. There will be free eyebrow shaping from noon until 4pm. All purchases in-store or online will be automatically be entered into a $250 gift certificate giveaway
· Nathan & Co.: Both locations (4025 Piedmont and 5636 College in Oakland) will be offering discount drawings throughout Black Friday. Discounts available in Lucky Draw are 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%, 40% and 50% off an entire purchase. The stores also offer amazing gift wrap on everything.
· Sui Generis: This trio of high-end consignment stores (2147 Union, 2231 Market, and 2165 Market) is offering select merchandise up to 50% off Friday and Saturday. Spend at least $150 and take 10% off; spend $250 or more and take 20% off. Saturday only, take 15% off all full-price clothing.
· Threadflip: From 12am to 12pm EST take 40% off site wide (Threadflip’s biggest discount of the year). Then from 12pm to 11:59pm EST, take 30% off site wide.
· Timbuk2: Between opening – 12pm on Black Friday, Timbuk2 will host a KIND Snack “Bar” where all visitors will get two KIND bars. There will also be a deal of the day in the store (506 Hayes).
· Torso Vintage: Take 10% off on Black Friday at this Union Square must-stop vintage shop (272 Sutter).
· True Nature Botanicals: Stop by the Mill Valley store (29 Miller) for 20% off in-store purchases on Black Friday.