10 Home Office Hacks to Get You Organized Now
1. Purge Paper. It’s easy to let papers pile up in your home office. Get control of the clutter before it takes over your space. Go through every piece of paper in your office by using the System of Three: shred/toss it, file it or take action from it. File your important paperwork in a color-coded filing system.
Everything needs a home, even stacks of mail — get things under control by creating a mail organizer. Make labeled folders for incoming and outgoing mail, mail to file, bills and for every family member. A folder organizer or a box can serve as a handy holding place for your newly created mail folders.
- Green – Financial
- Red – Medical
- Orange – Personal
- Yellow – Insurance
- Blue – House
While office supplies can be colorful and fun, they’re better kept out of sight.
6. Use a Label Maker. Invest in a good label maker and label your files, drawers and boxes for an easy way to organize your office. Whenever someone needs something, you will know exactly where it is.
- Stickies (sticky notes, tabs, stickers, etc.)
- Tools (straight cutter, staple, staple remover, hole puncher)
- Budget (checkbook, calculator, bill calendar)
- Writing Tools (markers, pens, pencils)
- Mail (envelopes, stamps, address labels)
- Labeling (labeler and label tape)
Organized by color, books become a design element that’s educational, too.
(Thanks to HGTV)